Five Digital Trends for 2013 as per eMarketer
As we say goodbye to 2012 and welcome a new year, eMarketer has released the report, “Key Digital Trends for 2013” to forecast trends to watch in 2013.
Trend No. 1: Fragmentation is Everywhere
– Streaming video services are gaining audience but still are not over the top.
– Consumers’ attention is more divided than ever as media multuitasking becomes the norm
– Increase of micro audiences due to critical mass of television viewers, smartphone and tablet owners and mobile web users.
Trend No. 2: Mobile-first is the new priority
– Amount of time spent with mobile is growing at 14 times the ratre of the desktop web
– Mobile becoming a more prominent channel for commerce transactions
Trend No. 3: Get Used to Nonlinearity
– There used to only be a few ways to buy something (you either went to the store, saw a commercial on television or an advertisement in the newspaper and made the purchase), but now you can use the internet as well as mobile to locate the lowest price and even the best time to buy.
Trend No. 4: Content (marketing) is king
– Consumers respond to content and seek it out
– Content comprises paid, owned, and earned
– Marketers are becoming publishers and publishers are becoming marketers
Trend No. 5: Data Emerges as Marketing’s Key Currency
– You can get so much data about users and devices today but unless there is a simple way to us e the data it is out of reach for many enterprises.
You can view the webinar here:
You may also be interested in these posts: