US Tablet and ereader 2013 Forecast
Photo via jblyberg
January 2013 means forecasts for the new year and eMarketer has released a new report, ” US Tablet User Forecast: A Double-Digit Growth Market Through 2016,” that reveals:
-The number of tablet users in the US has doubled between 2011 and 2012. eMarketer estimates that over the course of that year, the tally of US tablet users grew from 33.7 million to 79.1 million. eMarketer estimates that by 2016, the number of US tablet users will reach 154.5 million.
– Ereaders have attracted a significant audience over the last two years, with a user base growing from 12.7 million in 2010 to 48.6 million in 2012.
– US tablet users reached 79.1 million in 2012. This was more than twice the size of the tablet user population in 2011, as tablets moved far beyond the early adopter audience and into the hands of mainstream consumers. In 2013, tablet users are expected to surpass 100 million.
– eMarketer estimates that by 2016, US tablet users will total more than 154.5 million, or just under half of the total US population.
– Following 2011’s massive growth rate of 158.6%, the number of tablet users in the US continued on a triple-digit growth trajectory in 2012, increasing 134.6%.
– Though Apple’s iPad will continue to dominate the tablet market, recent tablet launches from Amazon, Google and Microsoft will spur consumers across the US to purchase tablets for the first time.
– Between 2011 and 2012, the number of US iPad users increased 83.6% to 51.3 million.
– Adults between the ages of 25 and 54 make up the core US tablet audience and accounted for 60% of all users in the US in 2012.
You may also be interested in these posts: