Seth Godin and Steven Pressfield at Borders Bookstore NYC
Since I am a Seth Godin fan and attended his presentation at FIT back in January, I was really excited to attend a discussion between Godin and Steven Pressfield, author of The War of Art, The Legend of Bagger Vance, Gates of Fire, Tides of War to name a few. In Seth’s most recent book, Linchpin, he cites Pressfield’s, The War of Art being a big influence. I read the War of Art a few years ago and copied various pages when I need inspiration to get me through any large project that is hitting me with roadblocks. It is a great companion book to Linchpin.
Some of the things covered during the discussion:
– Whatever you are most resistant to, afraid of, that is the thing your soul needs to do.
– Turning Pro – if it is raining outside the pro will go out and train in the rain.
– Call to action is to decide.
– The Resistance will encourage you to do something brave knowing that it will not happen/come true.
– The pain of NOT doing it becomes greater than doing it.
– The resistance gets stronger as you get closer to the goal.
After the discussion was over both authors held a book signing and Mr. Pressfield was gracious to sign a copy for me that I gave to a friend of mine with the hopes that he can win his creative battles.
You may also be interested in these posts: